Wednesday, August 10, 2016

BARREL Status Report #7 August 10, 2016

BARREL Status Report #7
August 10, 2016

Today we completed a launch dry run with Esrange personnel. We went through every step as if it was a real launch, except for actually connecting the squibs and taking a balloon out. Overall, it went smoothly. It was really good to work through each step and have a chance to check our procedures and coordination. 

We are still looking at a possible launch on Saturday evening. The upper level winds are starting to look better for the weekend. The surface weather doesn’t look great at this point but there is plenty of time for that to change. We’ll have our next weather briefing on Friday when we will make a final decision on showing Saturday. My next status report will be Friday since I don’t anticipate much news for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment